Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Excellent throwage…

It’s been two weeks into the year and already I have declared my favorite moment. There is nothing better than a great, unexpected conversation. To be a witness to this conversation was an honor. But to actually be involved in it, was absolutely amazing. Today I was busy at work when a fellow coworker came up behind me with a question that would leave me in awe. And it went something like this….

Hey Kim I have a weird question for ya..
Okay..
Do you speak Laos?
What?
Do you speak Laos?
Um do you speak Gibberish? What kind of a question is that?
I just thought that you might.
Why cause I’m asian?
I need to collect a bill from this guy and he doesn’t speak English. He speaks Laos..
What am I suppose to do? Have I ever spoke Laos to you? Any other language for that matter?
Well no, but I don’t know the things you learn in schools these days.
????????????HAHA???????????????????????????WTF???????????????????????????????????
???????????????????WTF???????????????????????????HAHA????????????????????????WTF

So do I speak Laos? Yeah I do. I learned it when I was born in America to a Filipino mother and a white father. No I don’t speak Laos. I can’t even speak the language of my ancestors let alone a completely different country. Am I mad….NO. Am I hurt….NO. Am I impressed with the fantastic throwage of the first racial card of the year….I guess I am!! Well played, well played.

3 comments:

Moni and Paul said...

i have a better story... two girls were fighting at a bar two weeks ago one asian the other one white.. the asian got kicked out and the white girl's friend comes up to me.. " why did your friend do that?" and i said.."what friend" her reply "the asian girl that got kicked out".. um okay......... all asians don't all just flock together... maybe they should - we would dominate the world even better the hawaiians... hey i speak laos.. oh wait not.

Dorothy & Tony said...

Hey Kimmy do you a speaka spanish???

Nerissa said...

AAAAAAAAhahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha! Only a child who comes from a Filipina mother and father who's whiter than white can truly appreciate this post! If I had a dollar for every time I was asked if I understand what some random group of asians is saying, I'd be rich. Now every time there's a group of Asians talking Logan says something like, "Hey... [nudge, nudge] what are your cousins saying?"

How the heck should I know?