Thursday, April 22, 2010

Diet + Exercise = Normalcy

Diet and exercise. Those two words make most people in the world cringe at the very thought. I mean who wants to watch what they eat? Count their calories? Go to the gym everyday? Sweat like a mofo? Uhhh MEEEEE!!! You may find this hard to believe, but I absolutely love dieting and exercising. I like feeling refreshed after a meal, instead of feeling like shiiiii. I don't even consider it dieting anymore. It's just my normal everyday way of life now. No bread, no sugar, no fried foods. It's all good. The gym has become a place of peace for me. I love a great workout. Lifting weights. Crazy Cardio. I love waking up in the morning and being sore from a workout. It's a feel good hurt. It's also nice to continue to lose weight. So far this year I have lost 17 lbs. I'm still super chubby, but I'm working on it. I gotta be swimsuit and/or nude beach ready by September. Philippines and Hawaii here I come!!! Jealous? That's the plan. Anyway, with my new lifestyle I have learned a lot of self control. Control being I don't want to get my ass kicked by my crazy trainer sister Melanie. Man she can be feisty. She's also part of the reason why I am slimming down. Basically she is Jillian from the Biggest Loser. Only prettier and Asian. It's just I report to her almost everyday about what I am eating. I ask her about a million questions everyday about food. Without fail she responds. She's on a pretty intense diet as well so she gets me. Hers is way more intense seeing how she is training for her body building shows (Come show her love on May 8th and 15th, contact me for more details:) My eating habits have changed immensely. It's a good thing though. I haven't had fast food for..I don't even know how long. I don't want that crap anymore. I don't crave it. It was a hard bridge to get over, but I did it. Working out has become the biggest part of my day. I get to the gym at least 6 times a week. I can't believe that I am at that point where if I miss a day of working out, I feel a loss. Like I can't describe how that feels. Moral of the story I have become a gym rat on a healthy eating regimen who physically feels freaking great all the time! I love the gym. So should you.

6 comments:

April said...

Wow 17 pounds this year! Awesome Kim! I need to see you because I want to see how hot you look! And Melanie's way hotter than Jillian. How long do you do cardio and what do you usually do? I try to exercise 6x/week too, but all I do is walk on the treadmill. But still, I know that feeling of loss if I don't get on the treadmill for one day... it's funny because so many people NEVER exercise and hardly think about it, but I just hate that feeling of not having exercised... Anyway, I really do want to see you. I miss you and love you!

Vanessa said...

Kimba, I am really SO SO proud of you! Yes people might cringe at the thought of those words but once they do it they LOVE the feeling! Once this baby is here I'ma get back on a regimen too, can't wait!
BTW I don't really think your chubby, I think your hott and you look great!!!

Jessie said...

Kimba, remember when we were friends, and I just found your blog! Glad to hear you are doing so well. We should play.

Hailey Jones said...

awesomest. please tell mel that when you creeps get home from your vaca i need a trainer. so i am calling her.
so good to hear your life is so dang good. mostly the trip. oh man i want to go way bad.

Natacia said...

Did you know I need to fit into a wedding dress. I DO!!! OMG you are inspiring... the whole eating thing is so hard. I hope I can get over that bridge like you did. I do so good one week and the next week you would think I haven't had food in years ugghhh. YOu are amazing and you are beautiful and you look amazing!! Love you kimba!

Moni and Paul said...

you and i both!!!! here is to weight losss wahonnesssss